We're making a football game
GOALS is our attempt to give football the game it deserves.
A fair game, that is a reflection of football, rather than the football industry. We want to make a game that’s fun right away, without players having to invest a fortune.
It’s a game about winning, but one where victory comes in more forms than simply winning matches. Focus on trick shots, design awesome t-shirts or create an arena that inspires greatness. No two players will be on the same journey.
GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.
Read more about GOALS here.
Welcome to the engineering team
As our dedicated expert in cloud infrastructure, you will be our key player in setting up, optimizing and monitoring the infrastructure that keeps our game servers up and running.
As part of our Cloud team, you will set up and configure infrastructure and internal tools to enable automated, robust, scalable and secure services. This also includes building the tools with developer experience in mind.
Our infrastructure is cloud based and multi region hosted on Google Cloud Platform. Your expertise in the cloud domain will be key in both architecture, development, optimization and maintenance of our infrastructure.
Our backend is based on a microservice architecture and is developed with Golang using gRPC/protobuf and git for version control. For game development we’re using C++ and Unreal Engine 5. We release several times per week and follow modern best practices for orchestrating our services; among these you’ll find Bazel, Terraform, Kubernetes, Argo, and more.
One of your main responsibilities will be to manage and provision infrastructure (such as Kubernetes clusters) through code using Terraform, instead of manual processes. You will also be responsible for setting up observability and monitoring of microservices.
As GOALS is still a small studio, you will work with a broad scope including some tasks related to our CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins) and monitorization of our micro services. This role is the first and foundational infrastructure role at GOALS and will have an impact on how that discipline and leadership will grow over time.
At GOALS, you will...
- Design, develop and maintain the cloud infrastructure using terraform for IaC
- Set up and maintain Google Cloud Platform in several regions
- Monitor and optimize the cloud infrastructure from both a performance and cost perspective
- Drive and coordinate pentests with 3rd party security experts
- Review and implement solutions for observability and monitoring of microservices
- Own the the CI/CD pipeline
Ideally you have...
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud infrastructure including cloud security
- Previously worked with commercial cloud solutions, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in handling and building secure cloud solutions that are open to the public
- Knowledge of at least one tool for monitoring microservices, such as Grafana, Prometheus and similar
- Experience working with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Teamcity, Gitlab CI, Circle CI, or similar
- Experience building Kubernetes clusters using Terraform
- Solid programming skills in Golang
About the employment
The position is permanent, starting with 6 months of probationary employment. You can work from our Stockholm office, fully remote or hybrid. It is important that you are able to communicate unhindered in verbal/written English. For this position we do not offer relocation assistance.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth, working at GOALS has many other benefits. Learn more here.
GOALS is all about dreams coming true and we know this will only be possible when we have people within our team that add different skills and perspectives to what we’re doing.
Do you have the passion? We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive studio environment and strongly encourage you to apply even though you don’t feel you tick every single box.
For this role we would like you to include:
- LinkedIn-profile, CV or any other document that shows your experience